~Welcome to the story of our journey to save another Eastern European princess with down syndrome and an older child! In 2010, we traveled half way around the world to adopt a twenty month old (now three years old) precious girl with down syndrome, Gabby. Now, less than two years later, we are on a mission to adopt another precious little girl that is in the same orphanage Gabby was in, Ava. Not only Ava, but yes....one more "Elaine". That means we are trying to adopt two more children!!!! If you are unaware of the situation in most, if not all Eastern European countries, please continue to read. In these countries children with down syndrome and special needs are most often placed in orphanages and if not adopted by the age of four or five (depending on circumstance), they are transferred to institutions where the likely-hood of them ever seeing outside of the institution walls remain slim to none. Many will live very short lives due to lack of appropriate care. Please don't allow this to happen to our sweet Ava! "Elaine" was fortunate enough to escape a very bad institution but nonetheless is in an institution and is an older child whose chances of coming home if we can't adopt her are not good. Having adopted and fully funding ourselves the previous adoption such a short time ago, we will need all of the help we can get to reunite these two angels and bring their big sister home. We utilized all extra resources with our first adoption and so fundraising is essential with this adoption. Whether it be from your prayers, helping to fundraise, buying from fundraisers, donations, etc...your help is much appreciated and is very much needed in order to make this dream a reality. Thank you so much for following our journey~

Thursday, April 19, 2012

~Late night/early morning thinking~

As I sit here at 2:00 a.m. unable to sleep, so many things are running through my head. Ava (Yulia's) grant has made a wonderful start and we are so appreciative for all who have made this happen thus far.  I've tried repeatedly to reinforce that no amount of donation is too small to help bring this child home! This sweet girl has been in our hearts for so long and the thoughts of her being anywhere other than with us is nearly unbearable! That being said, we are so thankful, really thankful isn't a sufficient enough word to describe the gratitude to all who have donated, participated in helping us fundraise, purchased from a fundraiser, shared our story, etc.  I noticed earlier that people from across the United States and even outside of the United States are sharing our story through their blogs. Thank you!

I'm thinking back to just a couple of weeks ago when I was in my kitchen doing absolutely nothing to trigger any emotions when I just started crying and feeling overwhelmed with saddness for a child that I knew was ours and basically being held captive in another country where a large percentage of the population is unwilling to accept her for who she is and give her a chance at life.  I am so very thankful that we have been to this orphanage and we know their are some loving caregivers at this orphanage who do their best to take care of the children. However, I want her home! I want to watch her sleeping peacefully as I am watching Gabby right now. I want to know that her little tummy is full and she is not thirsty. I want to know that if she gets sick she will get cared for.  In addition to all of this, I want her to know that someone loves her! I want her to feel her daddy's arms around her and know that everything is going to be alright FINALLY. I want her to hear her momma singing to her and rocking her to sleep. MOST OF ALL, I want her to see the precious little face of the little girl she knew before we even knew, our sweet Gabby. I want her to see her SISTER!  I want to watch them be happy together and not have to worry ever again if someone will come for them to save them.

Gabby has been such a blessing to our family. As a matter of a fact, Gabby has made our family! Anyone that meets her knows how precious she is and even people who haven't met her love her! This little girl brought a whole new light into our family and even our town.  Now our sweet Ava is stealing hearts as well.  There are so many children in this world needing families.  Special needs children are very dear to my heart.  After Ava's adoption, my plan is to make myself available and useful to families who are choosing to adopt special needs children. 

I know I am rambling on but its really all I can do.  I love Gabby more than life itself and I have the best husband that anyone could ask for, but we are missing a big piece of our family and we need help bringing her home!  Alot of people I am sure are probably wondering or are judging and saying, "if you can't afford to adopt her then you don't need to be doing it" or "if you can't afford to adopt her, how will you afford to raise her?" To me, anyone who has said this or asks this obviously has not thought what they are saying through before they say it.  For instance, if you have a child right now, chances are you are raising them just fine and can meet all of their daily needs. Now what if someone ask you to drop $20-25,000 dollars out of no where to keep them or in Gabby's case it was $35,000. You'd be doing exactally what we and many other adopting families are doing, fundraising! Charities all over the world fundraise for their cause and our cause is to save this child's life and reunite her with her "meant to be sister" so obviously we are going to fundraise.

Jason and I have always believed in giving our 10% and for the most part of our lives together we have given at least this to different causes and sometimes churches.  We have always felt more led to give our tithes to something near and dear to our hearts and to something we felt led to give to. We hope that you will pray about Ava (Yulia) and if you are led to give to her, please do so to bring her home!

To those we don't know that have been donating...THANK YOU! Please feel free to message or comment me anytime! We are thrilled that our story and these sweet girls have touched your hearts enough for you to be so generous! Please don't forget us throughout your day to day lives. Pray for us and as you feel led, continue to support our efforts! THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment